Terms and Conditions
- General Terms
- The Company provides Platforms to list food establishments which are Halal-Certified by MUIS as well as places which are Muslim-owned. The information are gathered at best effort basis from MUIS published information as well as information submitted by food establishments and Users. The Company is not liable for its accuracy.
- The Company provides Platforms for Users to list the services or products related to food and beverage which they offer and provides online marketing (including but not limited to posting advertisements, promotional campaigns, marketing materials and hosting special events) as well as providing discussion forums and online platforms for Users to upload, post and forward their comments and photos related to their dining experiences (hereinafter referred to as the "Services").
- The Company is not a party to nor is it involved in any actual transaction between Users.
- Prohibited Uses for all Users
- Users of the Platforms, registered or non-registered, agree not to use any of the Platforms for any of the following purposes which are expressly prohibited: -
- All Users are prohibited from violating or attempting to violate the security of the Platforms including, without limitation, accessing data not intended for them or logging into a server or account which they are not authorized to access, attempting to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of a system or network or attempting to breach security or authentication measures without proper authorization, attempting to interfere with service to any user, host or network or sending unsolicited e-mail. Violation of system or network security may result in civil and/or criminal liabilities.
- A User shall not delete or revise any material or information posted by any other Users.
- All Users shall not use the Platform for uploading, posting, publishing, transmitting, distributing, circulating or storing material in violation of any applicable laws or regulations; or (2) in any manner that will infringe the copyright, trademark, trade secrets or other intellectual property rights of others or violate the privacy or publicity or other personal rights of others; or (3) in any manner that is harmful, defamatory, libellous, obscene, discriminatory, harassing, threatening, abusive, hateful or is otherwise offensive or objectionable. In particular, all Users shall not print, download, duplicate or otherwise copy or use any personally identifiable information about other Users (if any). All unsolicited communications of any type to Users are strictly prohibited.
- Users shall not use the Platform if they do not have legal capacity to form legally binding contracts.
- Users shall not upload or post any advertisement or materials on the Platforms which contains any false, inaccurate, misleading or libellous content or contains any computer viruses, trojan horses, worms, computed files or other materials that may interrupt, damage or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunication equipment. Also, the advertisement shall not be fraudulent or involve sale of illegal products.
- Users shall not engage in spamming, including but not limited to any form of emailing, posting or messaging that is unsolicited.
- Acceptable uses of the Platforms
- Specific uses - User(s) uploading or posting advertisements, photos, content, views, comments, messages and/or other information on the Platforms (hereinafter collectively referred to as the “Material(s)”).
Such User(s) uploading or posting the Materials shall hereinafter referred to as the "Posting User(s)".
- The Posting User agrees that he/she/it shall only use the Platforms for lawful purposes and for enjoying the Services provided through the Platforms. The Company reserves the right to edit, share, reject, disapprove, erase and delete any Materials posted on the Platforms as it sees appropriate.
- In the event that the Posting User is an individual, he/she shall not post his/her identity card and/or passport number on the Platforms.
- Users who upload or post Materials on the Platforms shall be solely responsible for the Materials uploaded, posted or shared by them and/or any web pages and/or media platforms and/or applications linked to the Platforms posted by them. The Company reserves the right to edit, share, reject, erase, remove and delete any Materials and links to web pages and/or media platforms and/or applications as it sees appropriate. The Company shall have the right to terminate any services to any Posting Users at its sole discretion. If a User uploads or posts Materials on the Platforms and subsequently deletes and/or removes the same or the User terminates his/her/its accounts, or that the Company deletes any and/or removes such uploaded or posted Materials, such Materials will no longer be accessible by the User who uploaded or posted the same via that User’s account; however, such deleted Materials may still persist and appear on any part of the Platforms, and/or be used in any form by the Company.
- The Company reserves the right to request any User to cease using or to change his/her/its username immediately upon notice given to the relevant user without giving any reason as and when the Company deems appropriate to do so; if any User disagrees and refuses to abide by such request made by the Company, the Company may at any time at its sole discretion, deactivate that User’s account without prior notification to that User and without prejudice to all the Company’s other rights and remedies.
- This paragraph shall only be applicable to Users posting advertisements, promotional and marketing materials (“Advertiser(s)”):-
Upon payment of a service fee to the Company or upon acceptance of any free trial promotion offer, Users will be entitled to use the Sites and/or Platforms and/or Applications (as the case may be) to post advertisements and promotional materials (subject to the Terms and Conditions and any specific terms and conditions of any service agreement(s) entered into between the Company and the User(s), and in the event of any conflict between the two, the latter shall prevail). The Company also reserves the right to change the service fee or institute new charges or fees to be paid by Advertisers for posting advertisements and promotional materials on any of the Platforms, as it deems appropriate. In the event that any Advertiser posting advertisements and promotional materials fails to pay the service fee or any other fees or charges due to the Company, the Company reserves the right to suspend or terminate that Advertiser’s user account, advertisements and links to web pages and/or media platforms and/or applications without prejudice to all its other rights and remedies.
- This paragraph shall only be applicable to the use of the Platforms:-
By using the Platforms, Users acknowledge and agree to the following:-
- If Users use the Applications to upload, post and share Materials, including but not limited to instantly uploading, posting and sharing photos taken, the Users are consenting to the Materials being shared;
- The Users’ use of the Applications may cause personally identifying information to be publicly disclosed and/or associated with the relevant Users, even if the Company has not itself provided such information; and
- The Users shall use the Applications at their own option and risk and at their own accord. The Users will hold the Company harmless for activities related to their use of the Applications.
- Content License
- Intellectual Property Rights
- All contents of the Platforms, including without limitation the text, images, information, comments, layout, database, graphics, photos, pictures, sounds or audio formats, software, brands and HTML are the intellectual properties of the Company or the Users (as the case may be) which are protected by applicable copyright and trademark laws and may not be downloaded or otherwise duplicated without the express written permission of the Company or the Users (as the case may be). Re-use of any of the foregoing is strictly prohibited and the Company reserves all its rights. Any use of any of such content other than those permitted under the Terms and Conditions, the terms and conditions of any specific Channel(s) and the terms and conditions of any service agreement(s) entered into between the Company and the User(s) is strictly prohibited and the Company reserves all its rights in this respect. For the avoidance of doubt, any purported consent of any third parties on the use of the contents and materials mentioned under this Clause shall not exonerate the Users from the restrictions/prohibitions imposed hereunder in whatsoever manner.
- Users acknowledge that the Company may not pre-screen or pre-approve certain content posted on the Platforms or any content sent through the Platforms. In any event, the Company takes no responsibility whatsoever for the content on the Platforms or any content sent through the Platforms, or for any content lost and does not make any representations or warranties regarding the content or accuracy of any material therein.
Any Materials uploaded or posted on the Platforms by the Users may be viewed by users of other web sites and/or media platforms and/or applications linked to the Platforms and the Company is not responsible for any improper and/or illegal use by any user or third party from linked third party web sites and/or media platforms and/or applications of any data or materials posted on the Platforms. Links to third party web sites and/or media platforms and/or applications provided on the Platforms are provided solely as a convenience to the Users and as internet navigation tools, and not in any way an endorsement by the Company of the contents on such third party web sites and/or media platforms and/or applications. Unless otherwise stated on the Platforms, the Company has no control over or rights in such third party web sites and/or media platforms and/or applications and is not responsible for any contents on such third party web sites and/or media platforms and/or applications or any use of services provided by such third party web sites and/or media platforms and/or applications by the Users. All Users acknowledge and agree that they are solely responsible for the form, content and accuracy of any Materials, web page or other information contained therein placed by them. The Company is not responsible for the content of any third party web sites and/or media platforms and/or applications linked to the Platforms, and does not make any representations or warranties regarding the contents or accuracy of materials on such third party web sites and/or media platforms and/or applications. If any User accesses any linked third party web sites and/or media platforms and/or applications, he/she/it does so entirely at his/her/its own risk.
The Company shall have the right to remove any Materials uploaded or posted on the Platforms at its sole discretion without any compensation or recourse to the Posting Users if the Company considers at its sole discretion that such Users have breached or is likely to breach any law or the Terms and Conditions or any terms and conditions of any specific Channel(s) or service agreement(s) entered into between the Company and the Posting User(s). In the event that the Company decides to remove any paid advertisement for any reasons not relating to any breach of law or the provisions herein, the Company may, after deducting the fees charged for the period that the advertisement has been posted on the Platforms, refund the remaining fees (if any) to the related Posting User in accordance with the Terms and Conditions or the terms and conditions of any specific Channel(s) or service agreement(s) entered into between the Company and the related Posting User, without prejudice to the Company’s rights and remedies hereunder.
- The Company may not monitor the Platforms at all times but reserves the right to do so. The Company does not warrant that any Materials or web page or application will be viewed by any specific number of Users or that it will be viewed by any specific User. The Company shall not in any way be considered an agent of any User with respect to any use of the Platforms and shall not be responsible in any way for any direct or indirect damage or loss that may arise or result from the use of the Platforms, for whatever reason made. WHILST ENDEAVOURING TO PROVIDE QUALITY SERVICE TO ALL USERS, THE COMPANY DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE PLATFORMS WILL OPERATE ERROR-FREE OR THAT THE PLATFORMS AND THEIR SERVER ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL MECHANISMS. IF USE OF THE PLATFORMS OR THEIR CONTENTS RESULT IN THE NEED FOR SERVICING OR REPLACING EQUIPMENT OR DATA BY ANY USER, THE COMPANY SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR THOSE COSTS. THE PLATFORMS AND THEIR CONTENTS ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" BASIS WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THE COMPANY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT PREJUDICE TO THE FOREGOING, ANY IN RESPECT OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTY RIGHTS, FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR ABOUT THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, COMPLETENESS OR TIMELINESS OF THE CONTENTS, SERVICES, TEXT, GRAPHICS AND LINKS OF THE PLATFORMS.
- Own Risk
- All USERS SHALL USE THE PLATFORMS AND ANY OTHER WEB SITES AND/OR MEDIA PLATFORMS AND/OR APPLICATIONS ACCESSED THROUGH THE PLATFORMS, AT ENTIRELY THEIR OWN RISK. ALL Users are responsible for the consequences of their postings. The Company does not represent or guarantee the truthfulness, accuracy or reliability of any Materials uploaded or posted by the Posting Users or endorse any opinions expressed by the Posting Users. Any reliance by any User on advertisements and materials posted by the other Users will be at their own risk. The Company reserves the right to expel any User and prevent his/her/its further access to the Platforms, at any time for breaching this agreement or violating the law and also reserves the right to remove any Materials which is abusive, illegal, disruptive or inappropriate at the Company’s sole discretion.
- All Users agree to indemnify, and hold harmless the Company, its officers, directors, employees, agents, partners, representatives, shareholders, servants, attorneys, predecessors, successors and assigns from and against any claims, actions, demands, liabilities, losses, damages, costs and expenses (including legal fees and litigation expenses on a full indemnity basis) arising from or resulting from their use of the Platforms or their breach of the terms of this Agreement or any terms and conditions of any specific Channel(s) or service agreement(s) entered into between the Company and the User(s). The Company will provide prompt notice of any such claim, suit or proceedings to the relevant User.
- Limitation of the Service
- The Company shall have the right to limit the use of the Services, including the period of time that Materials will be posted on the Platforms, the size, placement and position of the Materials, email messages or any other contents which are transmitted by the Services. The Company reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to edit, modify, share, erase, delete or remove any Materials posted on the Platforms, for any reason, without giving any prior notice or reason to the Users. The Users acknowledge that the Company shall not be liable to any party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Services.
- Termination of Service
- The Company shall have the right to delete or deactivate any account, or block the email or IP address of any User, or terminate the access of Users to the Services, and remove any Materials within the Services immediately without notice for any reason, including but not limited to the reason that the User breached any law or the Terms and Conditions or any terms and conditions of any specific Channel(s) or any service agreement(s) entered into between the Company and the User(s). The Company reserves the right at any time to take such action as it considers appropriate, desirable or necessary including but not limited to taking legal actions against any such User. The Company shall have no obligation to deliver any Materials posted on the Platforms to any User at any time, both before or after cessation of the Services or upon removal of the related Material(s) from the Platforms.
The Terms and Conditions set out hereunder shall become inapplicable to the Users immediately upon the Users discontinuing their use of the Sites and/or the Platforms and/or Applications (as the case may be).
- The Company does not have control over and does not guarantee the truth or accuracy of listings of any Materials posted on the Platforms or any content on third party web sites and/or media platforms and/or applications accessed via the Platforms.
IN ANY EVENT, THE COMPANY, ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, PARTNERS, REPRSENTATIVES, SHAREHOLDERS, SERVANTS, ATTORNEYS, PREDECESSORS AND SUCCESSORS SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSSES, CLAIMS OR DAMAGES SUFFERED BY ANY USER WHATSOEVER AND HOWSOEVER ARISING OR RESULTING FROM HIS/HER/ITS USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE PLATFORMS AND THEIR CONTENTS, INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE AND DISPUTES BETWEEN ANY PARTIES.
- Limitation of Liability
- The Company does not assume any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, apparatus, product or process disclosed on the Platform or other Content accessible from the Platform. In no event shall the Company be liable for any incidental, consequential, direct, indirect or any losses or damages whatsoever (including, but not limited to, loss or corruption of data, loss of profits, goodwill, bargain or opportunity or loss of anticipated savings, or business interruption, or any other loss, whether in an action of contract, negligence or other tortious action), arising out of or in connection with the use of or inability to use the Platform, delays, inaccuracies or errors in the information or in the transmission of the Platform, or any information or transactions provided on or over the Platform or downloaded or hyperlinked from the Site, or performance of the Content on this Site, even if the Company has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
If you are dissatisfied with any portion of the Platform, or with any of the Terms, your sole and exclusive remedy is to discontinue using the Site.
- Security Measures
- The Company will use its reasonable endeavours to ensure that its officers, directors, employees, agents and/or contractors will exercise their prudence and due diligence in handling the personal data submitted by the Users, and the access to and processing of the personal data by such persons is on a "need-to-know" and "need-to-use" basis. The Company will use its reasonable endeavours to protect the personal data against any unauthorized or accidental access, processing or erasure of the personal data.
- The provisions of the Terms and Conditions shall be enforceable independently of each other and the validity of each provision shall not be affected if any of the others is invalid. In the event any provision of the Terms and Conditions is determined to be illegal, invalid or unenforceable, the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions of the Terms and Conditions shall not be affected and, in lieu of such illegal, invalid, or unenforceable provision, there shall be added as part of the Terms and Conditions one or more provisions as similar in terms as may be legal, valid and enforceable under the applicable law.
- Governing Law and Dispute Resolutions
- Users' access to or use of the Platform, as well as these Terms shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with Singapore laws and you agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Singapore courts.
The Company's failure to insist upon or enforce strict performance of any provision of these Terms shall not be construed as a waiver of any provision or right.
If any part of these Terms is held to be unenforceable, the unenforceable part shall be given effect to the greatest extent possible and the remainder will remain in full force and effect.
These Terms are for the benefit of the Company and its directors, officers, employees, suppliers, licensors, agents, and any third party Content providers to the Platform. Each of these individuals or entities shall have the right to assert and enforce those provisions directly against you on its own behalf.
In the event of any breach of the Terms and Conditions by any one party, the other party shall be entitled to remedies in law and equity as determined by arbitration.
For any query, please email to email@example.com
Learn about Halal and Haram